When it comes to recipes that are sure to please a hungry family, a good pasta recipe ranks way up high. A basic pasta dish itself is easy to prepare. But if you take the time and the effort to cook a really fancy pasta dish, be sure to make plenty because you’d be swamped with requests for seconds. One great pasta recipe that’s sure to be a crowd pleaser is this cheesy chicken alfredo pasta recipe.
This recipe for cheesy chicken alfredo pasta is a copycat for Applebee’s three-cheese chicken penne. It takes an investment of time and effort to make, but it’s an investment that’s sure to pay off. The chicken is grilled first before it’s baked with the pasta and the sauce. You can use store-bought Italian seasoning and alfredo sauce, or you can make your own. Nonetheless, it’s sure to turn out fabulous. This recipe is from Bobby of BlogChef.
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup Italian salad dressing
3 cups penne pasta
15 ounces alfredo sauce
8 ounces combination of shredded Italian cheeses (mozzarella, parmesan, and provolone)
4 roma tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
4 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped)
2 garlic cloves (minced)
6 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the chicken breasts into a large bowl, pour the Italian dressing over the chicken breasts. Cover with plastic wrap and place into the refrigerator. Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 2 hours (or longer if you want more flavor).
- In a medium bowl combine tomatoes, basil, and garlic. Toss with olive oil. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add penne pasta and cook according to package directions.
- Lightly grease the grates of an outdoor grill. Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place it onto the grill. Discard the marinade. Grill the chicken breasts turning at least once until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F). Remove the chicken from the grill and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Slice the chicken into thin strips.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish. Drain the noodles and toss them with the alfredo sauce. Stir in the sliced cooked chicken. Pour into the casserole dish. Top with shredded cheeses. Place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until the cheese is lightly brown and the mixture is bubbly. Top with tomato and basil mixture for serving.
Check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: BlogChef.