Football season isn’t a huge deal in our household, but I do love watching some games with my dad. Well, especially the Super Bowl. I’ve missed it the last couple of years. I hope that I can get down to see him, the game, and his new dog this season. That would be great.
Super Bowl has always been our ultimate father/daughter bonding day. We absolutely gorge on bad for us food. We play cards and yell at the tv. This is of course after putting in a full morning of work on the farm. The food is actually pretty necessary. This cheesy ham snack dip looks like a nice filling snack for us.
I always associate dips like this with football and the Super Bowl, but obviously, this would be a perfect snack dip for ANYTIME!!!
Doesn’t this cheesy ham snack dip look like a ham and cheese omelet minus the omelet? Ok, maybe that’s just me. I don’t know. An omelet is the first thing that pops into my head when I hear ham and cheese. I think that’s because it was the only omelet that I ate for way too many years, hehe.
Thanks to Karly at Buns In My Oven for this great recipe!
Cheesy Ham Snack Dip Perfect ANYTIME!2017-07-23 18:18:03Prep Time5 minCook Time30 minTotal Time35 minPrep Time5 minCook Time30 minTotal Time35 minIngredients
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups diced ham
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Provolone cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons chivesInstructions
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onions and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and golden. Add the cream cheese to the skillet and stir until very soft and beginning to melt. Add the remaining ingredients and, with the heat still on low, continue stirring until everything is well combined.
- Pour into an 8x8 baking dish (or leave in your skillet if it's oven proof) and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese has fully melted.
- Serve with crackers, chips, or small slices of bread.Cool Home Recipes http://coolhomerecipes.com/
Check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: Buns In My Oven.