I remember my ex hating ribs. I couldn’t understand why. Ribs are absolutely fantastic. Well, he and I were talking about two very different ribs. I was talking about the pork ribs. He was talking about the beef ribs, like short ribs. Now, I’ve had some good short ribs. The way his family made short ribs? WRONG! So wrong on so many levels. I couldn’t even eat them to be polite. Terrible.
Luckily for everyone here, this short ribs recipe looks amazing and nothing like my ex’s dad’s recipe. I’m still shuddering. These ribs are braised and topped with a lovely chimichurri!
We haven’t had many beef ribs posted here. They’re harder to come by than pork. For you non-pork eaters out there though, this is the rib recipe for you! These short ribs are braised to perfection, and there’s even a lovely chimichurri sauce to put atop your short ribs. YUM!
Thanks to Davida at The Healthy Maven for this delicious recipe!
- 8 beef short ribs
- 2 Cups Flat-Leaf Parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup Fresh Oregano leaves
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil + 1 Tablespoon
For the Chimichurri:
- Add parsley, organic and garlic to a food processor and pulse several times (alternatively you can chop everything very finely if you don’t have a food processor)
- Add in apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, chili flakes and extra virgin olive oil.
- Set aside chimichurri sauce.To make the ribs:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add one tablespoon to a skillet over medium-high heat and sear each rib for 2 minutes on each side.
- Place in a bake-safe dish and coat with half of chimichurri sauce. Cover with top or tinfoil.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and flip with tongs.
- Bake for another 45 minutes covered.
- Remove from oven and top with additional chimichurri sauce (you may have a bit leftover).
- Serve warm.
Check out the original source for this recipe with step-by-step photographs and helpful tips as well as many other delicious recipes at: The Healthy Maven.